Monday, September 26, 2022

THE MISSING AMERICAN IN JAPAN!

 I’m cheating a little by worming a post in before my scheduled date, but I wanted to share with you the beautiful Japanese version of THE MISSING AMERICAN. I think Susan will be especially interested! I confess I didn’t expect to be published in Japan, but no complaints here!

Because the jacket design is so attractive, I of course had to create a decorative mockup to go with it. I matched it with a lovely photo of a colorful autumn season and Mountain Fuji, with morning fog and red leaves at Lake Kawaguchiko.⁠ ⁠


I’m learning that traditionally, Japanese is read vertically from right to left (called tategaki (縦書き), but modern Japanese can be written horizontally left to right (yokogaki (横書き). Whichever way, the script is amazing. Unfortunately I can neither read nor write it!⁠


(Image BG by Travel mania/Shutterstock, the rest by Kwei)


No comments:

Post a Comment