Monday, August 22, 2022

The Importance of Good News

Annamaria on Monday

It's August.  It's been boiling hot.  But, for lucky me, these times have been also replete with lovely opportunities to spend time with friends, to enjoy outdoor theater, and to drive back roads through green places.  Mellow is the lovely word that describes my past few weeks. 

I want to hang on to that.  My blog today speaks to that end.

In the past few days, while keeping more or less minimal track of the news, I heard a piece by a journalist that I want to share with you.

His name is David Bornstein and he is the Founder of The Solutions Journalism Network.  Here is what he had to say on this past weeks' aptly named "Brief But Spectacular" episode on PBS News.  What he offers is a clear, compelling rationale for why journalists should cover, not only the horrors of life, but also efforts that people are making that solve problems.  Please take the next less than four minutes needed to hear what he has to say:


You can learn more about his organization here.

And here:


The steps he suggests are not pie in the sky.  Helping people learn about improvements and solutions will make the difference between HOPE and HOPELESSNESS, to my way of thinking, ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment