Friday, April 8, 2022

Flurry Flaneur



Book ?? has been delivered so I'm scouting locations for the next one.
This means I see something nice, look around for a good coffee shop and if there's a match, it will get in  the book.

 As usual we are having a lot of weather. The rain was so bad on the way up, the traffic was crawling. There was sunshine for ten minutes and now we have snow.


 This is normally a small burn, quite a torrent today.



I think my character is going to live in that cottage so I can describe the view.
And put a dead body on the beach.

This was taken with my phone camera. There was a wee aquatic beastie messing around. I thought it might have been Nessie on her holidays after being caught on  webcam last week. But I doubt it. It was a seal.



Millpond smooth. The water flowing in here meets water flowing out at a height difference of 1.3 metres. But there's been so much rain there was nothing to see.


Somebody is definitely going  off this bridge. Soon.
In fact I have a list !

Stopping for a coffee, this was very welcome.


                                                     

                                        The dog in the coffee shop. Has the mental capacity of a three year old human.

                                                   Which is more than most politicians.


                                                               

                                The pen and the notebook proves that I am really  researching  and not just messing                                                         about with the coffee shop dogs.

                                                             

                                Apart from when I was messing about with the dogs. This was a 2 year old smooth collie who kept putting a stick on my thigh for me to throw.

                                                                   

                                          This was the size of the stick compared to my fountain pen.

                                           

                                      This was a Scottish deerhound back at the campsite. Wearing an anorak.

                                                    

                                              I'm sure this is how most dogs see the world.

8 comments:

  1. Urg. I think I'd best steer clear of that bridge until you're finished with your next book.

    And we know you weren't messing with the dog: you were messing with the guy who was messing with the dog. We're not dumb. We have the mental capacity of coffee shop inhabitants with four legs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to swap the guy for the dog but no takers.

      Delete
  2. If I lived in weather like that it would be me jumping off the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stan, you are a McGregor! You are made of strong stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, EvKa, Stan, and I are all drawn to that bridge. Which leads me to wonder would like to be the fourth for bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I could furnish you with a picture of The Fourth Bridge...

      Delete
    2. I hate to say it, but... that seems a bridge too far.

      Delete