Monday, April 11, 2022

A Brief Photo Journal of Left Coast Crime

 Annamaria on Monday


Left Coast Crime is by far my favorite crime writing gathering.  This year it was particularly wonderful because it was the first large gathering of our treasured tribe in two years.  The typical joy was intensified after two years of longing.  We wanted back the warmth and comradeship stolen by the pandemic.  We all reveled in one another’s company.

I confess that I was too busy enjoying myself to make a proper job of photographing the festivities.  Here are the snaps I managed to take.

I loved it that the book and signing room was called “Enchantment!”



We MIE authors made a good showing on our panels.




At the banquet, I had the good luck to be seated next to William Kent Kruger who, after dessert, was brought up to dais to collect the Lefty for Best Novel.


A gift basket of four of my first editions fetched $80 for this year’s charity.  Between the silent auction, the live auction, and the raffle, we raised upwards of $10,000 for small libraries all over New Mexico.  



I had a marvelous time.  On the way home, from Albuquerque Airport…



Through Chicago, I traveled in the Shakespearean seats..

2B and not 2B




And arrived, my heart still singing, to home, lovely home.


7 comments:

  1. This is lovely--thank you from all of us who couldn't be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish I could have also seen your smiling face. I am counting on Bouchercon in September for a near-as-possible complete MIE reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Please keep up the good work,EvKa. When I noticed the seat-number inference, I took the picture, but just as I was uploading it, I had to check. The seat on the final leg was 2B. In the silliest possible way, I found that reassuring on a very turbulent flight!

      Delete