Monday, September 26, 2016

a Paris past, post-Bouchercon and the awesome Twin Cities

Wow what a gift! My friend, Maureen in Portland, just sent me this wonderful 1948 map of Paris by arrondissement along with a Metro ticket. Hmm wonder if I can use it in November?
After Bouchercon, the wonderful agent who represents Lisa, myself and Duane Swerzyinski invited us for dinner. A cajun prawn dish and home made cookies.
Then on to Minneapolis/St. Paul for a library talk. Pat Frovart, who I and many people love, took me to lunch and her 'old' bookstore, Once Upon a Crime, now run by Devin and Jessie. Pat, who owned Once Upon a Crime bookstore for years with her husband, Gary, were honored with the Raven award at the Edgars. Gary, passed away a few months ago, and is deeply missed by the mystery community. Just want to say Pat is doing well, and as she says 'Now I've got time to read for pleasure, not work"
To me this is what the Twin Cities really are about :)
Cara - Tuesday who missed seeing Susan Spann at Bcon zut!

8 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy took her Metro ticket away-ay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old stuff like that map and metro ticket, Cara. It was a delight to see you at Bouchercon. I'm so glad our paths crossed a couple of times amid all the crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me,too Zoe! We'll make more time at the next con!

      Delete
  3. Ahh, I'm among the lucky who got to see you and hubby several times...even if we missed that promised coffee. :) But the special treat is your posting the photo of Pat Frovart looking so good! Thanks for once again sharing the good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat seems in a good place. So many friends & the mystery community are keeping her dance card jammed-she's such an amazing person & Seamus the dog has his canine demands...un cafe a la prochaine?🤗

      Delete
    2. That's terrific! What a great town and wonderful people. Oh, I forgot, Stan's there too. :)

      Delete
  4. I was so sad to be out of town when you buzzed through. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete