Saturday, September 24, 2016

I'm a Wanderer



Jeff—Saturday

I started out here.

Mykonos
And last week ended up here.

New Orleans

Today I’m here.

New Jersey

Tomorrow (at 2pm) I’ll be at the place in the title of the book in you know whose hand.  Well, actually another Sparta, the one in New Jersey at its library.


But no matter where I am, I’m always blessed to have my trusty photo bomber near by.

Cafe du Monde

Who attracts other wonderful folks.

Stan, Photo Bomber, Mette and Me.
And we eat in wonderful places.

Galatoire's with the Georges

Though at times itinerants do creep around.

Peter Rozovsky

But so do famous authors

RL Stine with Connie Perry

And their spouses…again attracted by my photo bomber.

Jane Stine and Photo Bomber

And in case you haven’t guessed by now, all this is called “filler,” to cover up that I’ve been so wrapped up with these folks…

The Bouchercon National Board
that I’ve neglected my duties to you, our MIE family. Please forgive me. If not, I’ll have to offer EvKa a guest slot the next time things jam up, and we all know what that means…New Orleans will be a site of virtue by comparison.

Bourbon Street

Bye for now.

—Jeff

8 comments:

  1. Wait a minute... I think I was just accused of being virtuousnessless...y. But I'm not sure. That's definitely a sign of having been slammed by a pro. I'm just not sure a pro what... obviously a pro traveler Maybe a pro photo-bomber-bagger. (baggerer?) Definitely a pro-punster-munster.

    Just remember, if you need me, I'm here. (That's according to Buckaroo Banzai.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the thought of you being there inspires me. To do what, is a different story. But, thank you.

      By the way, I think the phrase you're struggling for is Pro Photo Bomber Bugger....it's more in keeping with the internationalist composition of your targets, Buckaroo.

      Delete
  2. You have to admit that the photobomber tends to be the brains of the outfit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, I so appreciate your trying to make sense out of all this. Do you think there is any chance they will pause long enough to make a coherent statement. I hae me doots.

      Delete
    2. In what language would you like the coherent statement? I want to make sure I put the order in correctly....

      Delete
    3. In this case, Caro, she's also the beauty.

      Delete
    4. I will try to make it easy on you by giving you choices: I would like the statement in Latin, West Tibetan, or Finnish. Anything in Quechua or Aymara will be taken under consideration.

      Delete
    5. Hmmm, a soliloquy in Aymara for Annamaria ... sounds to me a tempting Finish were I ta' bet'n sort.

      Delete