Thursday, May 30, 2024

Writing in Hotels part 3

Wendall -- every other Thursday

As I am writing for a deadline, I will leave you this week with a few images of the place where I recently went to hide out.

Perfect noir writer's hideout
 

As most of you know, I work best in hotels and I returned to one of my favorites, in Carpinteria, California. As I’m working on a story about Hollywood, I experimented a bit with black and white and a filter or two.

 

I do a lot of my writing here on the balcony. Here are a few views from there.


Coffee required.

There's a reason why this is the room I always ask for.



If I go early enough for breakfast, I can even get the outer dining room to myself.

 

Here are a few photos from my "thinking" walks.

 

A few views from Linden and Carpinteria Avenues.


Of course, everything doesn't have to be black and white.

Working happy hour cocktail.
A bit of a filter looking down from the balcony.

And my attempts, usually futile to capture a full moon. It never looks as big in the photos as it does in the sky.

I was very lucky to be able to go away to write. The proof of whether the inspiration and focus worked or not, I guess, will be in the story.

--- Wendall


7 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful place to seek and receive inspiration, Wendall. Looking forward to the final results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Kim, we will. . . It's been harder to finish it since I've been home, that's for sure, so I hope the hotel injected at least a little life into it! Thanks for posting.

      Delete
  2. When you've met your deadline can you have a wee go at mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Wouldn't it be great if we could all just swap once a month?

      Delete
  3. I’m am sure you are doing your best to accommodate your deadline by having faith in your god given talent to be creative and genuine with what you deliver .wishing you well Wendell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Peter, how kind of you to say. That remains to be seen!

      Delete