Saturday, October 28, 2023

The Jokes Are On MIE...err, Me



Saturday–Jeff

 

Late last night we returned to America from Greece.  Today we spent most of our day attempting to unpack while catching up on cable news’ take on the state of our nation.  The more we learned via the latter, the less committed were we to achieving the former. After all, with each new snippet of news on what’s happening across America, the more counterintuitive unpacking became.

 

It was during one of those reflective moments that I realized it was Friday and I had a blog due to go up at midnight (if in the Eastern US Time Zone). After a day of reflecting on the human condition (USA version 2023) I had no appetite for extending my serious mood in my blogpost. And I thought you might be looking for a bit of a smile too.

 

So, for you play-on-words fans, here’s a dozen and a half chuckles with a somewhat international cast to them.

 

*****


 I never thought orthopedic shoes would really work for me, but I stand corrected.

 
Once upon a time there was a king who was only 12 inches tall. He was a terrible king, but he made a great ruler.
 
A Mexican magician said he will disappear on the count of 3. He says, “"Uno, dos.” Poof. He disappeared without a tres.
 
I wrote a book on how to fall down the stairs. It’s a step by step guide.
 
My son was chewing on electric cords, so I had to ground him. It’s OK, though. He’s doing better and conducting himself properly.
 
My friend claims that he “accidentally" glued himself to his autobiography, but I don’t believe him. But that's his story and he’s sticking to it.
 
“Doctor, my child swallowed a roll of film. What should I do?”
“Let’s wait and see if anything develops.”
 
An armed man ran into a real estate agency and shouted, “Nobody move.”
 
Got drunk yesterday and threw up in the elevator on my way back home. It was disgusting on so many levels.
 
Why did the Mexican take anti-anxiety medication? For Hispanic attacks.
 
I asked the surgeon if I could administer my own anesthetic. He said, “Sure. Knock yourself out!”
 
I got into a fight today with 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. The odds were really against me.
 
In Britain it’s called a lift but Americans call it an elevator. I guess we were just raised differently
 
97% of people are stupid. Glad I’m in the other 5%.
 
Can someone please tell me what LGBTQ+ stands for? Nobody is giving me a straight answer. 

The time is always right to do what is right.
  

AND FINALLY
I have 2 unwritten rules.
1.
2.

––Jeff

 

 


 

Jeff's Upcoming Events;

 

Friday, 17 November 2023 @ 11AM

ICELAND NOIR, Reykjavik

SUNSHINE NOIR panel @ Kjarval venue

with Philip Gwynne Jones, Lexie Elliott, and Jackie Collins

 

 


8 comments:

  1. I'll pay you to stop punning mie, At Any Cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always rely upon you for A Deadly Twist, EvKa.

      Delete
  2. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. From your Sis, because I know that is what all punsters want to hear.

      Delete
    2. Yep, Sis, one of us has to be the groan-up.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this post so much. Thank you, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete