Monday, October 30, 2023

Halloween 2023

Annamaria on Monday

When the dentist told me I would have to have periodontal surgery  he said I needed to pick a day when I would not have to be doing anything in public like making a speech or showing up at an event for a few days. When we compared calendars, his assistant offered me Tuesday, October 31. The dentist had ready warned me that after the operation my face might be swollen and even black and blue. Under those circumstances, Halloween seemed like a good choice. I told them that, post surgery, my face would be my scary mask for the holiday.

With that event coming up, I also have to keep in mind that, given the painful aftermath, I will be out of commission for a while and should prepare by getting up to date on a whole lot of important work.

I am doing so as best I can. So leading up to the surgery, rather than spending half a day writing a new essay about Halloween, I'm taking the easy way out: photographs!

Ghosts of Halloweens Past




We were a six pack



Greetings from Greenwich Village: Halloween 2023








HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

WISH ME LUCK!



 

8 comments:

  1. Perαstika!

    As for your chosen costume, Sis, I'M SO AFWAID!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me, EvKa that there are worse things than dental surgery.

      Delete
  3. It was awful. But it’s over. And the problem is fixed. The doc says the scary mask won’t show up for a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank goodness. I have been thinking about you all day. Hang in there, photos are fabulous. xxxx

      Delete
    2. The “mask” isn’t all the scary. A big bruise that looks like the result of a bare-knuckle right hand upper cut to the jaw. Right now purple and maroon.

      Delete