Sunday, February 19, 2023

Ciao Firenze, For Now

Annamaria on Monday

This coming Wednesday, my two months in Florence will be coming to a close.  I will then head to Madrid for a few days of sightseeing and spending time with dear friends. 

With a long to-do list of last minute chores, today I share a collection of my favorite photos of this sojourn.  They are in date order, starting with Christmas.


To hang on my tree for Christmas, a model of my
 little buggy in NYC.

On weekends, there is a changing of the
guard, complete with trumpets and drums

A night-time visit to Piazzale Michelangelo, with
a dazzling view of the Church of Santa Croce

A moment to be savoured

The north view from place at dawn,
with the dome of San Lorenzo

The view of the Ponte Vecchio
from Ponte Santa Trinita

Evening view of the grocery store
on my block

Sunset from my living room window

No matter how many times I see it,
I have to take yet another photo
of the duomo.

Speaking of irresistible photos!
A friend asked if I was sure this was the
full moon and not a Chinese balloon.


Interior of San Lorenzo

Another shot of the same!

Graffiti of an Italian integrationist: Italy 
is becoming more and more diverse country.
 I found this tiny, elegant statement on a corner
in back street very moving.
 

A view from the hills around
San Miniato al Monte

Another of the same

A view I had never seen before--the 
Duomo with trees in the foreground,
taken from the terrace of an apartment
in the historic center.

Stand by.  Next week a locale we seldom ever see on MIE: Madrid.


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures, Annamaria. I particularly like the graffiti* and the photo looking up into the inside of the Duomo. Just stunning.

    *(as opposed to giraffiti, which is street art carried out in really high places...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed a quick vicarious trip to a place I know you love!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So happy to provide you with a vicarious visit, Elizabeth. AA

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing these, Annamaria. And yes, there can never be too many photos of the Duomo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, Wendall. It’s part medieval, mostly Renaissance. But it never gets out of date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post thank you Kelvin

    ReplyDelete