Wednesday, March 20, 2024

KWEI’S MOVIE REVIEWS: OSCAR 2024 WRAP-UP

 Kwei-Wed



All my Oscar movie predictions were correct except one: Best Foreign Feature. Post-Oscar, if you’re wondering what to watch while making the best of your precious time, here are my recommendations:

1. Best Documentary Feature Film 

“20 Days In Mariupol:” Mstyslav Chernov









2. Best Performance By An Actor in a Leading Role

Colman Domingo: “Rustin"
or

Cillian Murphy: “Oppenheimer"
   or
Jeffrey Wright: “American Fiction"


3. Best Performance By An Actor in a Supporting Role
Robert Downey Jr: “Oppenheimer”
4. Best Performance By An Actress in a Leading Role
Sandra Hüller: Anatomy of a Fall or Emma Stone: “Poor Things”
(Although Emma Stone’s performance is astonishing, the movie itself is bizarre, and I confess I didn’t see the point).
5. Best Performance By An Actress in a Supporting Role
DaVine Joy Randolph: "The Holdovers" (outstanding)














6. Best International Feature Film of the Year

“Io Capitano” (Italy): An ‘A’ for Acknowledgement: some of the scenes in the movie closely resemble some in my novel Last Seen In Lapaz

















Or

The Zone of Interest:” (UK)


6. Best Motion Picture of the Year

“Oppenheimer” (Academy pick)

“Past Lives” (my pick)





2 comments:

  1. I confess that I had not seen any of the films this year. I will be following your advice and am grateful for it. AA

    ReplyDelete