Tuesday, August 17, 2021

 Wish I could say à la Stan that I'd flown a plane solo. So far since the pandemic it's only been a two hour flight from here to Denver to see my son.  And two hours back. However my flight to Paris, unless it's cancelled, goes on Aug 28. Biting my nails here because the French government health system hasn't responded to my (and probably thousands of others) application to recognize my Covid Vaccine record and give me a QR code for the French system.



 No QR code means no entrance to museums, restos, train travel. I applaud that and wish the overwhelmed system gets up to speed. Generally an off with your head feeling for us who are taking a long flight. 

    Here's the info:

A vaccination certificate that has been issued in line with the rules of the applicant’s residency country; the certificate must indicate full vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine

A valid passport

Return airline ticket

The application form that can be found at France Diplomacy and the websites of embassies and consulates

“Foreign tourists can submit their application. To request a QR code, simply e-mail us with proof of vaccination, an identity document, the downloadable application form and your airline ticket,” the minister added.

But after doing that a receipt is acknowledge and you are told - don't keep asking when this will be ready. It's been six days and nothing. It's not simple.


Cara - Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Hope you got sorted. I feel your pain. Different parts of the UK have different rules so when into England to then go to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, we need a final destination cert, and for that we need to pay for more tests- the same tests as we've already had ... but more expensive....I'm staying at home for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Greece the PCR test was 80 euros with an answer the same day. In NYC the PCR test is $250 plus a 3-day wait for results. What's wrong with this picture?

    ReplyDelete