Monday, December 2, 2019

Joys of Wildlife Whispering

Annamaria on Monday




My strategy when in the wilderness is to train the zoom lens of my trusty Panasonic Lumix camera on a creature and then, very quietly, to ask it to pose for me.  "Look at me.  Come on, sweetie.  Look at me, please."

Often enough - to keep me trying perhaps, they do."

















The mom wasn't cooperative, but the kid was compliant. 













This is my greatest whispering triumph.  Ten others on a WWI
battlefield tour of Kenya were trying to snap this critter, who we
knew to be lying in the grass.  I persisted with my whispering after
 they all gave up and put and put away  their impressive photo equipment.
Then he lifted his head posed for a second.   Click!  And he went back to sleep!
I include this because Susan told me how difficult it is to get even
a glance at Fuji-san.  Yet when we showed up together, no
whispering required, so did Fuji.

This one is included, because only once have a sighted a bird that
Stan or Michael didn't spot first.  When I showed the shot of this tiny
sweetie to Stan, he looked at me in disbeleif and asked, "Where did
you see that?"


My joys of wildlife whispering are many, varied and aways fun.





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures, Annamaria! You do seem to have a talent for getting the wildlife to pose for you! I was once photobombed by a camel. But that's another story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Zoe, I want to hear that camel story!

      It may be a talent I have, but perhaps all anyone has to do is is ask the creatures. Michael Sears heard me whispering to a bird when I was with him and Pat in South Africa. He saw that it worked and admired the "talent" but also admitted that he never tried it. Or maybe it only works for people who are silly enough to think it might. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos....they really are posing, with theirs heads held high just so majestic as if to say
    look at me. I could think of some great captions for them. my favourites are the Elephant Turtle & the Lion...thanku for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. I also love the lilac breasted roller and the blue-footed booby.

      They all seem to be saying, "Are you looking at me?"

      I would love to know your captions/

      Delete
  3. And here I thought you only used that technique on me, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With more thorough comprehension of the difference between walking shoes and running shoes, you'll currently be in a position to discover the ideal footwear for your particular needs. For more ideal details about tennis shoes vs. basketball shoes, pop over to these guys.

    ReplyDelete