Sunday, February 11, 2024

On the Road Again

Annamaria on Monday

I am on my way to Kenya and Zanzibar with a stop first in London. This past Saturday started with a good-bye to my favorite breakfast in Florence. 


By late afternoon, my friend Nicoletta and I had checked into our hotel in the Henson section of North London. 



We spent Sunday visiting with family and the city where right is wrong and left is right. 








Lester Square was full of folks out to celebrate Chinese New Year:  the beginning of 2024, the year of the dragon! 

It’s late on Sunday now, and I am now out of steam.  




WISHING YOU HAPPY 2024
MAY THE DRAGON BRING YOU 
HEALTH, HAPPINESS, AND PROSPERITY 







7 comments:

  1. Wow that's an awesome amount of stepping before you've even started the main trip! Thanks for the photos & Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same today in London, Ovidia, but tomorrow I’ll be sitting on planes for hours. But you know for certain what those long trips are like. Wishing you many lovely gifts in the new lunar year. AA

      Delete
  2. That very bright bicycle rickshaw is not something I'd expect to see in London. I guess that shows how long it has been since I was there. Time to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. That vehicle was decorated to be in the Chinese New Year parade. But, London is full of many sorts of delights.

      Delete
  3. happy travels, hope the weather behaves for you. It's worse down there than it is up here....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been chilly here, Caro, but today we had beautiful sunshine. And tomorrow we fly to Nairobi, and soon on to Samburu, where it will be HOT! Being a Summer girl I will GLAD of that.

      I hope hope hope to see you in the year of the dragon. AA

      Delete
  4. I hope to one day have those step numbers. Enjoy your trips.

    ReplyDelete