Saturday, October 29, 2022

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life


Jeff–Saturday

 

I’ve sadly come to agree with the quote often attributed to Joseph Stalin, “A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic.”  My post last Saturday is an example of the former, and each day’s media offers fresh examples of the latter.

 

No matter the cause--hunger, war, disease, natural or man-made catastrophes, you name it--the larger the toll, the more detached the reaction. It’s always been that way it seems, on every continent.

 

So, what do we do about it?  I honestly don’t know. I wish I did.

 

Better yet, I wish those with whom we’ve made social compacts, ceding authority to them to govern us in exchange for their assuring us a peaceful life, would think more about us and less about accruing and retaining power and riches for themselves.

 

But that will never happen.

 

It seems the world has gone mad. Perhaps it has.   

 

That’s why today I’m suggesting we follow the sentiment expressed by Monty Python in their iconic song: “Always look on the bright side of life.”

 

  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8MoBL8M

 


 

 



And for those of us into the writing life, here are some cartoons that keep the bright side shining for me.







 



Plus, of course,  


–Jeff

 

Jeff’s Upcoming Book Events 

Friday, November 18, 2002 @10am

ICELAND NOIR

Reykjavik, Iceland

Where is My Mind? Madness and Obsession
AUTHORS:  Louise Mangos, Paul Cleave, Jeff Siger, Thomas Fecchio
MODERATOR: Ewa Sherman





4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jeff! A good laugh is as good as a publishing advance! Well, almost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks, Mr. Writer, sir! Always good to end the week on a smile (or two... or three...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, and laughed...thank you, Jeffrey.

    ReplyDelete