Monday, April 22, 2024

Piano Therapy

Annamaria on Monday


"These are the times that try men's souls" comes to mind.  The other beginning that comes to me is the laundry list of the distressing events happening all around our sacred planet these days.  But my mission today is to change your mood.  To convince you to shut off the news.  To turn away from the conversations about all the bad stuff.  My weapon is one of the finest inventions of humankind: the piano.

It will take something like half an hour to make yourself feel better. Sit in a comfortable chair or lie down in a comfortable place.  Herewith, except for the electronic gizmo within reach, is everything you need to feel better.

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and focus 100% of your attention.  And listen, really LISTEN, to this:



Lovely.

Now let your mind wander, while you follow the great George Shearing down your favorite beautiful path in nature:




Nice, huh?

Now (I hope), you are ready to wake up to some delightful positive energy from a piano man par excellence.  And with him the incomparable Milt Jackson!



There now!  Piano therapy.  It works!

I don't know about you, but I am going to keep this therapeutic music handy.  It would be nicer if we didn't need it so much.  But along with the n'ere-do-wells who are hogging all the air time, I assure you that our species creates tons more beauty than it does horror shows.  They just don't put the beautiful stuff on the nightly news.

Let's keep sharing the good stuff, shall we?

6 comments:

  1. Dear AA- this did exactly what you hoped it would for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah. I tried it myself and it worked, so I crossed my fingers it would do so for others. Special kudos I think to Ray Charles's and Milt Jackson’s drummer. I love that little knock-knock-knock!

      Delete
  2. This worked for me, too, although in my case the most effective is something cheerfully Baroque, like a Brandenburg concerto. But I have to get myself in the right state of mind first, and that isn't always easy. As you know. But still it's so important to shut off the worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies



    1. Thank you, Kim. You are so right! I am pretty much all in for Baroque---anything Bach and lots of Vivaldi. And for contemplative times and a full hour of gorgeousness, you can't beat Glenn Gould's Goldberg Variations. We could go on and on!!

      Delete
    2. Sis, sometimes you can be such a Paine. But my common sense tells me not this time. :) Bravo. xx

      Delete
    3. From AA: Well, Bro, good thing the drummer I praised above was not banging on a Tom Tom.

      Delete