Saturday, March 18, 2017

Hawaii? Fine Thank You.


Jeff—Saturday

Okay, folks, let’s be real. Or rather, allow me to be real…as in honest.

There are still two feet of snow on the ground at my farm west of NYC, and the temperature remains below freezing.  On the other (ungloved) hand, it’s in the eighties and sunny in Honolulu at Left Coast Crime. So, how much of my remaining time in this paradise do you think I’m spending cooped up in my hotel room writing a thoughtful blog?


Those of you chortling at the image are on to something, so please step forward and receive your commendations for prescience.

But all is not lost, for here are photos of a bit of what’s transpired during this wonderful week at a terrific mystery conference hanging with old friends, making new friends, and acquiring Hawaiian shirts.  It’s tough work for sure, but someone has to do it.

Our Hotel:


The view from our hotel room of the complex hosting the conference:






Our Murder is Everywhere blogmates hard at work...on the right:

Sujata

Susan
Faces in the crowd:
Maryglenn McCombs, Ovida Yu, Dru Ann Love,  Anonymous Photobomber

Robert Rosenwald, Barbara Peters, Interloper

Ragnar Jonasson, Barry Lancet


Island Scenes:


ALOHA, y'all.  Time to get back to work.



—Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of when I was working at HP in the early 80s, and one of my workmates went on a trip to Hawaii. One day the lab 'secretary', an grandmotherly figure, came to my desk and asked, "Who do YOU know in Hawaii???" I was a bit dumbfounded, shrugged, and then she handed me a postcard that my workmate had sent me of a buxom Hawaiin lass with long black hair, on a beach wearing a grass skirt and nothing else. What could I say to this grandmotherly figure. Fortunately, she had a good sense of humor.

    Sorry to miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dare you imagine the postcards I've seen sent from the land of Pan? Not sure what grandmothers do with those postcards.

      We miss you too.

      Delete
  2. It's a tough life but someone's gotta do it! Hang (ten) in there!! Aloha~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And drink a fifth. Thanks! The climate is perfect.

      Delete