Tuesday, August 6, 2013

bubbly time-

Picture not the originator of the methode champagnoise, that was a monk who made a mistake in the cellar several centuries ago and we thank him for it, but Dom of Perignon who put this so succinctly.
And the widow Clicquot who persisted keeping the family vineyard intact after her husband's, death, drought, and a pesky Revolution followed by Napoleon's inconvenient visits to come up with a marketing program -  if it's luxury and my Aristocracy is gone why not sell it to the Czar and Czarina in St. Petersburg?  You can see in the 50's ad above for the American middle class the same idea 'It's French, It's Imported' 
Today I'm raising a virtual flute of Veuve Clicquot - fizzy and tasting of stars -  to celebrate finishing the edits on my next story Murder in Pigalle. Hopefully  - if those stars align properly - this will go to galleys soon. Again, I'm brought back to earth realizing we need to celebrate the good things, the small joys and the big ones and savor the time left to us on the planet.  A big salut to Leighton up above.
M'dames, M'sieurs à votre santé
Cara - Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, the lovely widow and I have spent many a fine evening together, but none more satisfying than the moment you toasted! Bravo, Cara, on Murder in Pigalle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Cara. Looking forward to my next virtual trip to Paris with you when I read Murder in Pigalle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to the next Aimee. A toast to all of you, and Leighton is missed.

    ReplyDelete