1. Missing the last Metro home
Full taxi's pass you by, you face a long walk home
2. Heels on cobblestones - unless you’re Parisian + have grown up doing this.
3. Sacre Coeur pickpocket petition scams - avoid them and go up the back stairs
4. Bicycling the rond-point Bastille - you value your life, right?
5. Sales clerks on the Rue St Honoré - only if you’re really buying that Vuitton should you face them
6. Demonstrations + strikes - forewarned is knowledge - check before leaving the house or you might have no bus or Metro to catch
8. Les soldes/ The Sales in January and June - only if you’re obsessed, determined + have your game plan in place should you enter the fray at Galleries Lafayette
9. Touching the fruit at greengrocers - just don’t
10. Fishing in the Canal St Martin - it’s very shallow and yet they find bodies once in awhile
11. Paris Plages - your call if you want to slap on oil and sardine crunch with the Parisians who couldn’t get out of Paris in August
12. Driving through Sunday manifestations/strikes - again, you value your life, right?
13. Not greeting shop assistants when you enter and leave - an expected common courtesy
15. Puces St Ouen - instead go to Porte de Vanves fleamarket more locals and deals
16. Pigeons - hard to avoid but keep extra cafe napkins in pocket to alleviate those white plops
17. Late night kebab - eh, go for the frites
18. Sunbaking on the Seine - see #11 Paris Plages + #16 Pigeons
19. Lining up for the Louvre - find the back entrance and enter via the Pyramid
20. Dog deficit - hop, skip + jump
Cara - Tuesday