Thursday, January 11, 2024

Winter Walk, Mid-City

Wendall -- every other Thursday

I think I’ve mentioned before that James and I moved in the fall, so 2024 begins my first official year away from my Los Angeles neighborhood of 37 years. I love our new place, but of course there are things I miss about our old life, and in the end, I think the things I miss most are the trees and plants and spaces I used to see on my daily walks.

 

I’ve been so taken with Annamaria’s photo essays of late, today I decided to tell a story with pictures instead of blabbering like usual, and so am offering up a few images of winter walks in my old neighborhood: Mid-City Los Angeles.

 





No filters on any of these, this is just the way it looks in the morning...







Here's hoping all of you have somewhere lovely to walk while you ease in the New Year. 

 ~~ Wendall

You can find links to a new interview about LOST LUGGAGE on NPR's Dog Talk (#864A) here:   

 https://traciehotchnerpets.com/shows/dog-talk/

 



6 comments:

  1. I don't know Los Angeles well at all, so in my mind, it's more urban sprawl than the trees, plants, and open spaces you talk about missing, Wendall. That makes me enjoy your photographs all the more. What beautiful skies--and light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Kim. Yes, if you like palm trees especially, it's a perfectly lovely place to live. And I've always been taken by the light here-- in the West in general--having grown up in NC, so that's why I always made sure I had my camera with me on my walks. Thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know there are neighborhoods in LA that have lots of trees & plants, Wendall. My memories of past visits to downtown LA are more limited to new and some historic buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace--yes, there are tons of beautiful neighborhoods and parks small garden in LA, even in Downtown. They just don't get the press they should. Have a great Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The palms against the sky are so Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ovidia, they used to lift me up everyday. Also gorgeous at twilight against the deep blue, almost dark, sky, but my camera doesn't capture that quite as well. xx

      Delete