Saturday, October 26, 2024

It's Political Cartoon Peak Season

 


Jeff-Saturday

 

With the US Presidential Election ten days away, feelings in the US (and around the world) are running high. Thankfully, this time around we’ve only had to put up with three months of head-to-head madness---though it seems a lot longer.

 

Frankly, I’m about done with it all (especially the incessant pitch by all parties for $$$$$$), so I turned to political cartoonists for a bit of lighter insight on where and how they see the election going.

 

Considering the times, I’m not surprised there’s an awful lot of decidedly partisan stuff out there, but I decided not to head in that direction. Instead, I went looking for bigger picture approaches and found common ground on some basic principles.  But before I turn to those examples, I thought I’d give you a taste of the partisan sort of cartoons our there…and believe me when I say these two are among the mildest.

 



To those two I’ve added a third cartoon, not because I see it as partisan, but because there nothing about the subject it critiques which strikes me as justifiable in free elections.
 

 


Having said that, let’s move on to a plethora of jibes taken at the rarest of all voters still out there.

 



And for those who suffer from undecided extremis, these next two cartoons are for you.

 



For those who enjoy the rough and tough world of political haggling over competing beliefs, have no fear. Just keep in mind this cartoon’s message.

 


And for those who see election day as a welcome end to neighbor-against-neighbor bickering and belittling, I offer you this cartoon.

 


But no matter how things turn out, make sure you turn out to VOTE.

 


––Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment