Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2010

My greatest hopes for 2010 are that egos deflate, compassion rises, and tolerance grows.  Every day I tell myself that I am the most fortunate person on the planet.  And I remind myself that that is largely due to good fortune.  With a little luck and a bit of support, how many more could enjoy the benefits I have?

My challenge for the year is to make a REAL difference to one person's life.  Let's all try to do at least the same.

Peace.

Stan - Christmas Day

1 comment:

  1. Compassion and tolerance, seeing ourselves in others, would lead each of us to generousity of spirit and generousity in fact. In the current economy, the hungry could be in the apartment down the hall or in the house around the corner. Joblessness is not a personal failing. Anyone could be a paycheck away from homelessness.

    I have three children, fourteen nieces and nephews, and eleven grandnieces and nephews. All are healthy, happy, and safe in their homes. Nothing is better than that.

    I'll try to take up your challenge, Stan.

    ReplyDelete