Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Snow and sun and blue bears

I've been so jealous of all the pictures my friends send me from Paris - gorgeous thick white snow blanketing the sloping rooftops, frosting the mansard windows and trees in the Jardin de Tuillieres...a fairytale quality. Not so jealous though when I landed in Denver this weekend. The light snow fell and piled on the already dense white snow encrusted landscape in a grey blur. The nice Lyft driver apologised - he didn't need to - that he was sorry I couldn't see the snow capped mountains ringing Denver. Good thing I'd worn my boots and heavy weather coat from the Marais! The mid-winter American Library Association meeting wasn't even a block away but there was a bear in the way.
A big blue snow shouldered bear by some blue trees.

It seemed the blue bear guarded the convention centre. Never fear my editor Juliet came to the rescue
Inside I signed 150 galley copies of Murder on the Left Bank and met lots of librarians and Naomi Hirohara. I picked up lots of galley's too!
We went to dinner at a farm to table Denver resto - amazing veggie dish!
We also felt obligated to sample every dessert on the menu.
 The next dawned sunny and brisk. I got to see the mountains at the airport and from the plane finally.
I came home to find sun and the almond trees in blossom. Everyone is saying the almond trees are feeling confused at blossoming so early.

Cara - Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Cara. Thank you for taking us along.

    It’s been happening in Sicily too that the almond trees bloom early. It began there in late January, and everyone was afraid a frost would come and destroy the blossoms and kill the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go to the best places, Cara, or at least write about them in such a way as to make them always seem that way!

    ReplyDelete