Saturday, September 19, 2015

A Zilly View of Mykonos, Redux



As regular readers of MIE know, I try my best to give a balanced, though somewhat unhinged, view of the paradise where I spend more time than anywhere else on earth.  Tomorrow that paradise has new Parliamentary elections.  The second for Greece this year. It is likely to be a close-pitched battle between the current left wing ruling party (SYRIZA) and its predecessor in power, center right New Democracy.  Neither is expected to gain an outright majority so the real drama will be with whom they partner in any coalition.

But I don’t want to talk about any of that today.  We’re in Scotland having had a delightful time at Bloody Scotland, seen some breathtaking scenery, and grown to love our dear Caro even more than before.  To keep that mood, I’ve decided to run a repeat of the idyllic beauty captured by my love on Mykonos when she manages to put down her pencils and pastels and steal away for a few hours from her portraits of children and dogs to visit her special places of inspiration. 


So, without further sycophantic groveling, here’s Mykonos in August through the lens of Barbara Zilly.

Look close and see much…


Step back and reflect…



See the past still tethered to the present…






Along any road there is much to see…




Friends to meet…


Peace to find…


IF YOU BOTHER TO LOOK!!!

Jeff--Saturday

8 comments:

  1. I'm confused... are those pictures of Mykonos or Scotland??? (They're lovely pictures, Barbara, I'm just trying to give Jeff a chance to vent some of his pent up steam, as I don't want him to blow a gasket from holding back too long...)'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just arrived back in the US and the first thing I saw was your comment. Tempted me to get back on the plane. I never noticed the similarities you picked up on between Mykonos and Scotland, but then again some might see a similarity between the jackass in the photos and...

      Delete
    2. Ah, there's my old friend, healthy and hearty. Glad to hear it! :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great eye - the details are spectacular and show such a peaceful side of Mykonos. . .perhaps, even the peaceful side of Greece as a whole. Lets hope it holds through the election process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does have a great eye...make that two great eyes.:)

      On the election. I really don't think it's going to matter much. The only question is, if things continue as they are, when will the next round of elections take place. First quarter of 2016?

      Delete
  3. Is ti just me or does the international news media really have room for only one-story? It was Greece, Greece, Greece, Greece. Now it's refugees, refugees, refugees, refugees. I am beginning to get the impression that there is only one reporter covering the whole planet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, of course, sis. I think the others are all busy playing their Trump card.

      Delete