The thing appreciate most about New Year, apart from the chance to kick off the cobwebs accrued over Christmas, is the ability to look ahead. I love Christmas, but as you get older it seems to be haunted by memories of festive years gone by. The New Year allows you to shrug off the past and cast an eye to the future. So, in that spirit, here are a few predictions for the year ahead...
1. Leighton Gage will have more followers on Twitter this time next year than the Dalai Lama (3.2m for those of you who don't know, though, unlike Leighton, the Dalai doesn't follow anyone. Honestly, some people are so selfish...)
2. JA Konrath and Barry Eisler will marry in a civil ceremony, their speeches to be made available via epub for only 99 cents.
3. I will finally join Linked In. Except by then I might have been Linked To will have left.
4. On at least 51 occasions I will wake on a Friday morning in a cold sweat wondering what I will blog about.
5. On at least 51 occasions I will post my blog and wonder what I was worrying about.
6. I will use my Kindle more.
7. The British coalition government will collapse in ignominy. I hope.
8. I will go to Crimefest. I won't drink too much...actually let's just stick with the going to Crimefest bit.
9. Liverpool FC, Yorkshire CCC, the England cricket team and the Boston Red Sox will all have stellar years. Manchester United, Lancashire CCC, Australia's cricket team and the New York Yankees will all inexplicably implode.